Sovereign is in three parts.
Book One: A Raking Light
PART I - Genesis
1. A Thumbnail Sketch
2. The Runner
3. Hercules on the
4. Zaqqaq Churai
5. Those Unsuitable for
7. Lights and Darks
8. Brothers under the Skin
9. The Laughter
10. Umber Burning
11. De Profundis
PART II – Internecine
12. Interlude: The Last Painting – Preparations
13. A Small Misunderstanding
14. Ander Churai’s Pen and Inks
15. Braq Marries the Moon
16. Let Mind Speak to Mind
17. The Members of the Wedding
18. A Gladiator in Three Arenas: Quinqueviri
19. A Gladiator in Three Arenas: Princes of the Blood
20. A Gladiator in Three Arenas: A Credit to their Races
21. The Shapes of Shadows
22. The Unfolding of a Drama
23. Dark Ages
24. Blood Speaks
Part One introduces the two brothers Braq and Nollo, their parents Zaq and Liz, and the exotic world of Chugrana, with its centuries old strife born of racism and tribalism. The thematic seeds that will grow in the second and third volumes are here first sown. You will learn about the Chugran Schaal, about "Let mind speak to mind," the Quinqueviri, "marrying the moon," and you will see the ultimate threat to the Churai family.
BookTwo: Give Me A Child
PART III – Wipe It Out, Start Over
25. Interlude: The Last Painting: More Preparations
27. The Schaal Chugrana
28. Never the Twain
30. What’s In a Name?
31. Antigone Skye Derosch
32. Bloodless Bloodshed
33. The Atelier Derosch
34. When Wolf and Grey Wolf Meet
35. The Late Bloomer
PART IV – A World Enlightened
41. Interlude: The Last Painting – Revisions
42. Braq escapes
47. Shards and Skyscrapers
48. The Color of His Skin, The Value of His Skin
49. Lord Bacon’s Straightjacket
50. Human See, Human Do
51. The Three Humors of Torquemada
52. Sense of Life
53. More Progress
55. A Falcon Takes Flight
56. An Inspired Race
57. A Prize Won, A Prize Forfeited
58. The Tapestry of Morality
59. What A Lord Gives He May Take
Learn what happens to the two Churai brothers when they come to America. What happens to Zaq and Liz Churai? What happens to Kaki? What becomes of the Churai family?
How does each boy develop the character that began to reveal itself when they were young children?
Learn the startling background and colorful characters of : Bevol Stagri, Prester Pranti Ku, Antigone Skye Derosch, and many others.
Which approach to the world proves itself – individualism or racism? Is one approach moral? Is one or the other practical?
Book Three: Suitable for Liberty
PART V – No Power Outside
60. Pledge of Honor
61. The Excellent Foppery of the World
62. The Education of Nollo
63. Department E
64. Cause Celebre
67. The Education of Braq
69. I Can Love both Fair and Brown
73. The Symposium
PART VI - The Kind of Man We Want
74. Interlude: The Last Painting – More Revisions
75. Deeper than the Skin
77. The Temptress from Above
79. She Who Made Libido Licit
80. The Impregnable Wall
81. Ingreditur Academia Abyssum
82. A Lesson in Anatomy
83. The Pragmatist
84. Interlude – The Final Drawing
85. Big Brátano
86. The Lunatic Cured
88. Lighter Lights, Darker Darks
89. The Impregnable
Learn the final end of Braq and Nollo:
How will their inexorable conflict end?
What of Zaq and Liz?
What of Kaki?
Can the opposing forces set in motion in Parts One and Two be reconciled?
Can you overcome the errors you absorbed as a child?
Note to the reader: the three volumes must be read in order.